Clogged Toilet? Call W. L. Staton Plumbing!
If you’re dealing with a toilet that seems to always need plunging, you may need to call on the professionals here at W. L. Staton Plumbing. Though small and infrequent clogs are nothing out of the ordinary, a toilet that is persistently facing clogs can be an indication of something more serious. Don’t ignore this fixable situation and let more serious plumbing malfunctions to arise. Our team is bonded, licensed, and insured so you can feel confident receiving the help you need. Learn more about what can cause a clogged toilet and how our skilled plumbers can rectify the issue promptly and cost-effectively.
Common Causes of a Clogged Toilet
The are many potential underlying reasons for a clogged toilet. In most cases, it’s best to rely on a professional for de-clogging to ensure the issues are addressed thoroughly. Though small clogs can typically be corrected with a plunger or some baking soda and vinegar, consistent clogs often indicate a bigger problem. Some of the most common causes of unrelentless clogging include:
- You’re flushing things you shouldn’t be flushing. Anything besides human waste and toilet paper should never be flushed down a toilet. That means no tissues, cotton balls, q-tips, condoms, diapers, pads, tampons, baby wipes, food, or dental floss.
- The flapper to your toilet isn’t opening correctly. If this device is unable to open as it should, it won’t be able to release enough water into the bowl for a good flush. Since a week flush will not effectively push waste to where it needs to go, it can fall short and get stuck in your pipes.
- Your plumbing vents could be blocked. When these vents become clogged, they can also be the cause of week or slow flushing. Without a sufficient flush of water carrying waste away, it will just back up in your pipes over time.
- Something could be stuck in the trap. If you’re no stranger to flushing things you shouldn’t, your toilets trap (an S-shaped tube) will likely not be able to keep pushing these objects through the complicated shape.
- Maybe you have an outdated, low flow toilet at your property. If this is the case, your toilet is probably lacking flushing power altogether. An old and poorly designed toilet is not your friend when it comes to clogs, so make so you call on us to learn about potential replacement options.
- Worst-case-scenario, it could be a sewer line problem. Whether malfunctions in your sewer line are caused by what is flowing through your plumbing, or due to tree roots putting pressure on the lines and causing them to break, we can help. Our team has the equipment to diagnose this type of damage and will let you know your options.
Leave it to the Plumbing Pros
If you’re dealing with a clogged toilet at your commercial or residential property, it’s best to reach out to our plumbing professionals here at W. L. Staton Plumbing. The thing is, a good plunging won’t always be enough to get rid of a significant clog. We may have to use a toilet auger or one of our specialized cameras to get a better idea of what’s going on deep inside your plumbing. You don’t want to rely on an inexperienced team when it comes to your plumbing needs. Not only are our plumbers bonded, licensed, and insured for your peace of mind, but we also have a stellar reputation for showing integrity and providing unrivaled care at every job we take on. It’s no wonder the Annapolis, MD area has dubbed us one of the most efficient and respectable plumbing companies in the region. Hire us the next time you’re dealing with a clogged toilet to see for yourself!
Safeguard Your Health by Contacting Us Now!
When we think about something as seemingly insignificant as a clogged toilet, we typically don’t think about this issue getting out of hand or even harming our health. The reality is, a clogged toilet can become a major issue when it results in the main line (sewer line) at your property becoming clogged. The sewer line is the plumbing line that goes from your home or business to the city connection or a septic tank. But when water and waste can’t escape this way, it will try to get out through another source – like your shower drain or bathroom sink. If you notice water backing up through your drains when you flush, this is considered a plumbing emergency. Call our team right away and cease all use of plumbing at your property. Sewage contains viruses, bacteria, and other contaminants that can spread disease, possibly resulting in dire consequences for those who occupy your home or business. Wastewater is also full of other toxic substances like pesticides, protozoans, fungi, and residuals from medications that you don’t want your family or employees subjected to.
Contact Us Now for Help!
No matter if you’re dealing with a minor clog or a major one, we encourage you to contact our seasoned team right away. In all the years we’ve been helping home and business owners with their clogged toilets, we have the authority to say this is not something you want to face on your own. With our professional guidance, we can ensure that your plumbing and health will be safe and sound. When you have questions about a toilet clog or find that professional hands-on help is the best solution, rely on the Annapolis, MD’s premier team of plumbers. We look forward to assisting you when you need us most.