Clogged Drain? Call W. L. Staton Plumbing Now!
When you’re faced with a clogged drain at your Annapolis, MD residential or commercial property, call on the professionals at W. L. Staton Plumbing for quick and affordable solutions. Though a clogged drain isn’t an uncommon problem, ignoring the issue can often spell trouble. The thing is, most clogs – when given the time to fester – become much more severe even when we don’t realize it. A clogged drain can cause slow water drainage, flooding, corrosion, even costly sewage backups. Learn more about the common causes of clogged drains so you can understand how to prevent these issues in the future.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
Here, we’ll discuss the different culprits behind stubborn drain clogs and what can be done to rectify the issue in the future. Though sometimes a clog can be cleared without reaching out for professional help, it’s best to rely on skilled plumbers that have to the equipment and expertise to ensure the problem is fixed. Some of the most common causes of clogged drains include the following:
- Hair – Hair is a major clog-causer, as it binds with oils and other sticky substances that lurk down in your pipes and eventually cause buildup and blockages. The best way to stop this from happening is to ensure you prevent hair from making its way down the drain through the use of a drain guard.
- Soap – Though this is never anyone’s first thought when faced with a clogged drain, soap scum buildup within your pipes is a common cause of clogs. Since bar soap is sometimes made with fat and grease, it’s best to avoid these types of products when considering how they can negatively affect your plumbing.
- Dirt – When you’re trying to clean dirt-infested rugs, clothes, rags, or gardening gloves, it may be easy to overlook the fact that even though this dirt it being washed away does not mean it goes very far. Over time, dirt can build up in your pipes and cause issues in your drains. Be sure to thoroughly shake the dirt off your belongings before throwing them in the sink or washing machine.
- Mineral Buildup – If you have hard water in your home or business, it is common for minerals to build up and cause insoluble masses in your drains that block proper water flow. If hard water is a problem in your area, having a water softener professionally installed at your commercial or residential property is your best bet to avoiding this type of drain clog.
- Food Waste – Though we recommend customers refrain from putting any food waste down their drains, we mostly think you should worry about coffee grounds, grease, and oil. They can easily cause blockages in your pipes and make for a major clog.
Addressing Drain Clogs the Right Way
With so many causes of clogged drains, it can be challenging to know what the culprit is without relying on a professional for help. Though things like hair clogs can sometimes be rectified with baking soda and vinegar, the issue often calls for more skilled techniques. Don’t rely on drain “cleaners” that use harsh, corrosive chemicals that could compromise your pipes and even your health. Quick fixes are never a good idea when it comes to plumbing. We offer affordable service, so you don’t have to worry about breaking the bank to get the help you need. We care about your safety and don’t want you to be forced to spend a fortune replacing corroded pipes. Take our word for it and leave clogged drains to the professionals!
Contact Our Seasoned Team Today!
Don’t let an annoying clog fester and turn into a disaster at your Annapolis, MD area home or business. If you’re experiencing frequent clogging at your commercial or residential property, call our team right away. Our plumbers are bonded, licensed, and insured for your peace of mind, and our prompt responses and affordable pricing will ensure you get the most out of our services. We look forward to helping you when you need us most.