Superior Leak Detection Technology in Annapolis, MD
Let Us Help You Locate, Repair, & Prevent Water Leaks
Your pipes play an important role at your home, carrying water to your sinks, showers, and appliances, as well as carrying away waste. You want to ensure your pipes stay in good, working condition to continue fulfilling their various purposes. The team at W. L. Staton Plumbing is here to keep your pipes in check with our leak detection and pipe maintenance services in Annapolis, MD. We use the latest technology to pinpoint any leaks and repair them. We can also take preventative measures to help you avoid leaks from occurring. Get in touch with us today to learn more about these services or to schedule an appointment.
Why Is Pipe Maintenance Important?
Water is a vital resource for every home. You need it to do countless everyday tasks from showering and washing the dishes to using the toilet and running your washer. By completing regular pipe inspections and providing your pipes with the necessary maintenance, we help to ensure your home will have a continuous water supply with no emergency interruptions. One of the most common problems unmaintained pipes encounter is normal wear that could cause leaks or even burst pipes. You want to avoid this at all costs, as replacing pipes can be expensive. Not to mention, the added expenses you incur from water damage that must be repaired. Our team can help you maintain your pipes to prevent these issues.
Water Leak Detection
If you’re concerned you may have a water leak, our team can help you pinpoint its location. Our water leak detection is perfect for homeowners who suspect they have a water leak, as well as those who want to ensure their plumbing system is sound. Knowing your system has no leaks will give you the peace of mind you deserve. We utilize state-of-the-art ultrasonic equipment that allows us to find water leaks wherever they are, whether its under concrete, inside walls, or elsewhere. Even a small amount of water can damage drywall, and flooring, as well as cause unhealthy mold and mildew growth. We know just how damaging a water leak can be to your home, and water leak detection helps prevent damage from occurring.
Water Line Repair
Water is often supplied to your home from a municipal water source through a single water line. This means if anything happens to this water line, you could face interruption to your entire water supply until it’s fixed. Our team of plumbers can provide water line repair to restore your water source. Using advanced technology, we can pinpoint the location of your water line leak and create a plan to repair it. If the leak is small, it can sometimes be challenging to identify the problem, but there are a few warning signs you can look for at your Annapolis, MD home. The following may be signs that you have a water leak:
- Discoloration of your water
- Drop in water pressure
- Continuously wet location in your yard
- Significantly higher water bills
Though the pipes in your home can last decades, they, unfortunately, cannot last forever. Normal wear will cause them to break down over time, so it’s crucial to replace them before they burst or cause other problems in your home. Though repiping your home is a big project, it’s one that must be done to help protect your home and family. Not only can old pipes cause damaging leaks, but they can also negatively affect your water supply by contaminating it with rust. The team at W.L. Staton Plumbing, Heating and Cooling can complete repiping throughout your entire home. We’ll work quickly and efficiently to complete the job and get you back to normal life at home. There are numerous ways to tell if your pipes are nearing an age where they should be replaced. You should consider repiping your home if:
- Your home is more than 50 years old, and the pipes have never been replaced
- You have low water pressure
- Your water is red or brown
- Your pipes require leak repair regularly
Preventative Pipe Maintenance Tips
As a homeowner in Annapolis, MD, there are a few steps you can take to help prevent problems with your water pipes. This can help your pipes last longer and also prevent blockages, leaks, or burst pipes. Our team is here to educate you about proper pipe care so that you can feel confident about the current condition of your pipes, and also so you don’t have to call us for repairs as often. We’ll always be here if you need us, though. You can do the following things in each room to help maintain your pipes:
- Kitchen: Kitchen drains are most commonly clogged by debris, so it’s important to never put grease or oils down the drain. This includes cooking oils and fats like butter. You should always be sure to turn both the water and garbage disposal on before any food is put down the drain. Do not put any stringy goods like banana peels, celery, or potato skins in your garbage disposal, as they are hard to grind up. You should also allow the water to run down the drain after using your disposal to clear any excess debris.
- Bathroom: You can help to keep your bathroom pipes clear by limiting your use of bath oils. You should also install the appropriate screens over the drains to prevent hair and other debris from clogging pipes. Be sure only to flush toilet paper. Though some other items like tampons and wet wipes are labeled as flushable, they can actually clog your pipes. Lastly, try to limit your use of chemical drain cleaning products. These products are very harsh and can corrode your pipes.
Contact Us Today for an Appointment
Are you concerned about the current condition of your pipes? We can give you peace of mind by completing regular maintenance to keep them in good condition and by detecting any possible leaks. With our help, your pipes will be able to do their job for years to come, and you can feel confident knowing you’ll have a lower risk of leaks and breakages. Contact us today to schedule an appointment with the team at W.L. Staton Plumbing, Heating and Cooling.