The Air Conditioning Experts in Annapolis, MD
W.L. Staton is happy to offer reliable AC maintenance and repairs for residents in Annapolis, MD and the surrounding areas. Air conditioning provides comfortable temperatures and humidity levels through the hottest days of the years, and you should be able to count on your AC unit when you need it. Our licensed, bonded, and insured team is here for emergency repairs, yearly maintenance, and new installation or AC replacement services. Give us a call and learn why our customers have made us their choice for professional plumbing services since 1983.
Comprehensive AC Repair Services
A quality air conditioning system should provide about 10 to 15 years of service. However, during that time, there will likely be occasions that you need to call a professional for AC repairs in your home or business. Certain parts can wear out through the years, and if the system doesn’t receive regular maintenance, dirt can hinder performance. Some signs you might need to call for air conditioner repair are:
- Warm Air – If you notice warm air coming out of the vents, the first thing to do is check the thermostat. If it is set to “cooling” and set at a proper cooling temperature, then chances are you may have restricted airflow or a compressor issue.
- Low Airflow – If you feel air coming out of the vents, but it is much weaker than usual, there is probably something restricting the flow. It could be a blockage in the ducts, a duct leak, a dirty filter, or a broken motor.
- Water Leaks – Air conditioners produce condensation as they cool your home, but it should be contained within the AC unit. If you notice water dripping or pooling around your unit, chances are you have a clog somewhere.
Energy-Efficient AC Unit Installation
Have you thought about replacing your window air conditioner units with an air conditioning system that will cool the whole house? There are a few options for homeowners to choose from based on the home’s size, layout, and current HVAC setup. Contact us to schedule an estimate, and we can help you decide the best air conditioning installation option for your home, such as:
- Central Air Conditioning – Central AC is connected to the same blower and ductwork that your furnace uses to circulate air throughout your home.
- Split Systems – If your home does not use a forced hot air system, split systems, also known as ductless systems, are a great option. They also offer the ability for zoning to cool individual rooms only when needed.
Be Proactive with AC Preventative Maintenance
Just like a car, HVAC systems perform better and are less likely to breakdown unexpectedly when they receive routine preventative maintenance. Your air conditioning unit is no different. A yearly servicing in the spring by our professionally trained team allows us to check the air conditioner’s vital components, check for worn parts, change out dirty filters, and give the unit a test drive. This preventative maintenance checkup is the best way to keep your air conditioning system running smoothly year after year. For the same peace of mind during the winter months, learn more about our heating services.
Benefits of Replacing Your Air Conditioner
While you can expect your home’s air conditioner to last about 10 or 15 years, it may even run longer. However, if you’ve had your system for 10 years or more and you find yourself calling for AC repairs quite frequently, that’s usually a sign that it’s time to start shopping for an AC replacement. W.L. Staton Plumbing, Heating and Cooling is here for all your air conditioning system replacement needs. Even if you don’t have to call in an AC repair tech regularly and your system appears to be functioning fine, there are benefits to replacing an air conditioner that is a decade old or more, such as:
- Reduced Energy Consumption – Newer AC models are more energy-efficient than those from 10 to 20 years ago.
- Lower Utility Bills – AC systems that use less energy to cool houses and commercial spaces cost less to run.
- Increased Comfort – Older systems don’t keep your space quite as cool as they once did. They also have to work harder to provide the cool air your thermostat calls for, leading to more energy use.
- Improved Air Quality – Air conditioners provide cool air on hot days and lower humidity levels, but they also improve the air quality within your home. A newer system that runs more efficiently will be an air-quality improvement compared to a system that’s 10 or 15 years old.
All the Air Conditioning Services You Need in One Place
At W.L. Staton Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, we want to provide our customers with the convenience of finding all their HVAC service needs in one place. That’s why we offer comprehensive air conditioning system solutions, including AC installation, repairs, maintenance, and replacements for all Annapolis, MD customers. Contact our family-owned and operated plumbing and HVAC service company to schedule service or request a free estimate today.